Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Original Priscilla Irish Crochet Book


Here's a picture of my original Priscilla Irish Crochet Book 1. It's over 100 years old! It was published in 1909! I found it in an antique store several years ago. It's starting to become very fragile so I don't use it now. I just take it out and look at it every now and then put it back on the shelf. It's one of my 'treasures'. :) I sometimes feel like Gollum in 'Lord Of The Rings' -- "My Precious!" mwahaha! Ahh er.. oops.. Sorry. LOL
I do have a reprinted book for every day use. In fact, it has three books in one. It's "Irish Crochet Lace Vol II published by Lacis. They have combined "'Priscilla Irish Crochet Book 1" by Lula M. Harvey, "Priscilla Irish Crochet Book 2" by Eliza A. Taylor, and "Irish Crochet Lace", by Sarah Hadley into one book. I love having all three books in one. You can find it at their website http://www.lacis.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment